Dallas Roofers-An Info
Buying a new roof or getting your existing roof repaired is a significant investment. There are many things to consider when deciding which roofing company to choose.
Time spent now evaluating the roofing contractor who may do the work for you will ensure you spend your money wisely and save you a lot of hassle further down the road.
How to Find a Reliable Roofer
The best way to start finding a good roofer is to ask family, friends, and co-workers who have hired a roofer. Other good referral sources are contractors, estate agents and your local hardware store. To get more info on Dallas Roofers.
When asking for a recommendation, be sure to check the type of job the roofer was doing. Also, find out if the roofer specializes in residential or commercial work. Once you have a few recommendations you need to evaluate them.
All roofing contractors are not the same; I recommend that you spend time qualifying roofing companies to make sure you get the job done right the first time. These guidelines will help you make a good decision and choose the best roofing company for you:
Things to Look For in a Reliable Qualified Roofer
- Check they have a permanent place of business and telephone number
- Ask how long they have been in business.
- Insurance — Be sure that the roofer you are considering is fully insured, and has workers’ compensation and liability insurance.
Look for a company with a proven track record that offers client references and a list of completed projects.
- Check to see whether the roofer is properly licensed.
- Make sure the roofer offers written proposals before starting the job.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations.
- Check to see if any complaints have been filed.
- Carefully read and make sure you understand any roofing warranty offered and make sure you are aware of anything that would void it.
Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Price is only one criteria for selecting a roofing contractor. You also need to consider professionalism, reliability and quality workmanship when you decide which roofer to hire.